A beautiful tan with no health risks - what should you know about tanning?
Beautiful on the inside - find out how to get healthy skin, hair and nails! / NUTRITION
Beautiful on the inside - find out how to get healthy skin, hair and nails!
How should I care for the health of my skin, hair and nails?
Beauty is not only about having a beautiful body! It also means having a healthy and properly nourished complexion, impeccable skin, shiny and volumised hair, and strong nails. Every woman wants to take care of herself in the best way possible, which involves using a wide range of products to keep her body in top shape. But what can be done when even expensive cosmetics don’t have the desired effect any more?
What can be the cause of poor skin, hair and nails condition?
The starting point for our thought process is to know the possible risk factors that can more or less adversely affect a woman's beauty. When you know the probable causes of abnormalities in the skin, hair and nails, it is much easier to start taking action to restore them to their former glory. Find out what to look out for in order to reduce the potential risk of deterioration of your body's condition.
Stress is your enemy!
It will come as no surprise that stress plays an important role. This is one of the basic factors that contribute to the progressive ageing process, which increases the impact of unfavourable oxygen free radicals. The excessive influence of oxidative stress encourages deterioration of the condition and strength of cells, may cause damage to them, and hamper regeneration mechanisms, among other things.
Not all cosmetics are helpful and safe!
Another, and equally important, issue includes cosmetics and, to be more precise, their compositions. We often decide to use a variety of lotions, conditioners, shampoos and a range of other products that provide valuable care and regeneration. In fact, their compositions leave much to be desired! Some of the components present in cosmetics (e.g. glycol, parabens, silicone, SLS, paraffin or triclosan) can be extremely dangerous to health and cause various abnormalities such as inflammation, disorders preventing the skin from breathing, clogged pores, excessive dandruff and even acne lesions! That's why careful analysis of labels before buying is so important!
Other risk factors
- Non-implementation of basic hygiene and body care principles
- Alcohol and cigarettes foster skin deterioration and ageing
- Environmental pollution, e.g. high smog and exhaust emissions in large cities
- Extreme weather conditions (e.g. high or low temperatures, intense wind, excessively dry air)
- Excessive exposure to sunlight (e.g. while sunbathing) without adequate protection
Does nutrition play a significant role in women's beauty?
The popular saying you are what you eat isn't just about getting fit and fighting excessive weight. Often, a poorly balanced diet, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, improper hydration and consumption of large quantities of processed foods result in significant deterioration of the condition and functionality of the skin, hair and nails. Maintaining a varied diet, using good quality products and providing optimal amounts of necessary macro and microelements are all very important.
What should a diet for healthy skin, hair and nails contain?
- Collagen - a protein that is a basic building material of the connective tissue that forms our body. Optimal collagen content affects, among other things, skin elasticity and firmness, resistance to mechanical forces (e.g. to pressure), as well as its healthy and youthful appearance; it is often recommended for reducing visible imperfections
- Hyaluronic acid - one of the most popular components used in aesthetic medicine. It supports preservation of the right facial volume, proper hydration and correction of various abnormalities (e.g. deep wrinkles)
- Minerals - a daily diet cannot do without a variety of minerals that have a positive effect on healthy complexion, and strong hair and nails. If you want to take care of yourself and of your beauty, you must first provide your body with optimal amounts of zinc, iodine, copper and selenium.
- Nettle and horsetail - two extremely popular plants with medicinal and cosmetic properties that help maintain optimal condition of skin, hair and nails; horsetail is a rich source of silica with a wide range of effects in the body, e.g. it prevents hair brittleness and loss, reduces the uncontrolled rupturing of blood vessels and protects against swelling; nettle has a valuable effect on the strength and appearance of hair and promotes a reduction of subcutaneous fluid build-up, being one of the elements in the fight against cellulite.
- Vitamins - vitamins A, B3 (niacin), B7 (biotin) and C are invaluable components of everyday diets to maintain health and beauty, which proves their valuable contribution to many processes, including to maintaining correct collagen synthesis, reducing oxidative stress and fighting against oxygen free radicals; their deficiencies are a frequent cause of skin deterioration (e.g. tendency to bruising and damage), excessive hair loss or clear nail brittleness.
- Water - the role of water in maintaining the healthy condition of hair, skin and nails is primarily related to the effective cleansing of the body of accumulated toxins and metabolic waste products; we should drink at least 2 litres of water a day, which will help us maintain efficient metabolism and contribute to proper hydration.
Is it worth using dietary supplements?
Although our daily diet may be rich in valuable and high-quality products, unfortunately this may not be sufficient to cover daily demand. For this purpose, we should focus on comprehensive and multi-component supplementation. Olimp preparations enable instant and convenient supplementation of your diet with valuable and necessary components that were obtained from high-quality, tested raw materials. The supplements, thanks to the pharmaceutical standard resulting from the use of advanced production technology in an innovative research and development centre, ensure the highest level of safety during use.