Doing push-ups correctly. Learn the proper technique!
HOW TO EXERCISE BICEPS AND TRICEPS TO MAKE THEM GROW? / TRANING
HOW TO EXERCISE BICEPS AND TRICEPS TO MAKE THEM GROW?
Beautiful and strong shoulders is the first thing that strikes the eye in persons involved in bodybuilding “for real”. Strong shoulder muscles mean a strong biceps and a strong triceps. How to work out to make these muscles grow effectively?
Triceps and biceps. Facts.
Biceps lies on the front part of the upper arm, between the shoulder blade and the radius. Triceps, on the other hand, is located on the upper rear of the humerus, and stretches between the shoulder blade, the radius and the elbow. Which of the two is more important? It shows that the secret of building up impressive muscles lies not in expanding the biceps, but in exercising the triceps, as it makes up to 60% of the size of your arm. Triceps supports the chest and shoulder muscles in all exercises for these muscle groups. Here is why you should never start your workouts with shoulder exercises: exhausted shoulder muscles will not have the power to support your chest and shoulders when you finally get to work them out.
Upper body workout is best if performed in the following order: chest muscles, shoulder muscles and upper arm. Triceps and biceps are small muscle groups, so they do not need dozens of exercises in one training. Paradoxically, however, many focus on these very muscles, as the exercises are relatively simple and easy to do.
A wise way to build beautiful shoulders
Many hard-training people have shoulders weaker than the rest of their bodies. If it is imperative for you to expand your shoulders, you need to focus on shoulder muscles, in which case you should train them up to 3 times a week.
Why is that? Because your muscles are capable of adapting to intense effort within a few weeks and the body allocates the whole energy needed for recovery i to the part of the body which you have trained the hardest. This is how you can divide your workouts: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday – shoulders; Tuesday – back; Friday – shoulders and thighs. When training your shoulder muscles, work in super sets, by combining two exercises that involve different, antagonist muscle groups.
Recommended triceps and biceps exercises
Do all of the exercises below during one workout in 4 series (8 to 10 reps in each). With time, you can increase the number of reps to 12-15.
- EZ Bar Preacher Curl - to perform this movement you will need a preacher bench. Sit on the lower bench and rest your chest on the upper one. With the upper arms positioned against the preacher bench pad (triceps pressed against the pad), bend your elbows dynamically; lower the bar in a controlled movement.
- Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension - here you need a regular bench or a preacher bench; lift the dumbbell above your head with both hands; stretch the arms but make sure not to lock your elbows; then, lower the dumbbell deep behind your head (between the shoulder blades) and raise it dynamically.
- Incline Dumbbell Curl - sit down on an incline bench positioned at a 45-degree angle; rest your shoulders against the bench pad; grab the dumbbells with a reverse grip and let them hang at your sides; make sure that your shoulders are perpendicular to the ground and your elbows are close to your torso; bend your forearms as you breathe out, then bring the dumbbells back to starting position in a controlled movement as you breathe in.
- Reverse Grip Cable Triceps Extension - grab the bar on both sides with a hammer grip; extend the forearms to raise the weights and bend them to lower the weights; keep your forearms perpendicular to your torso when lowering the weights.
- Triceps Dips - the raising/lowering movement is the same as in standard dips; with the only difference being that you support yourself on the rails and you keep your body upright. Keep your elbows close to your body; inhale and slowly lower yourself downward by bending your elbows; straighten your elbows and exhale as you push your torso back up.
What you can achieve by training your triceps and biceps
First of all, you win a bigger arm circumference. By exercising regularly you will make your muscles grow from one workout to another. Secondly, stronger arms mean better comfort of life. As you get stronger, everyday activities become easier. You need to remember that properly selected triceps exercises will protect you against injury and that with strong and well-developed arms your figure will look perfect.