Fat burners – everything you need to know about them
In these days, when we all want to be "fit", diets and exercise are no longer enough. They are supplemented by various substances which help to reduce fatty tissue and weight, which are at the same time completely safe for our health. One of the most-popular substances of this type are the fat burners which, thanks to the stimulation of various processes in the human body, are actually able to effectively help in weight loss.
How is it possible? Let’s find out!
What are fat burners?
Fat burners are products created to support the digestive process and to break down fat. These are not magic tablets which cause the loss of 10 kilograms per week, but blends of various kinds of substances and extracts which are designed to stimulate the natural processes in the body. They normally contain natural ingredients, and their largest group are thermogenic compounds, commonly referred to as "thermogenics". These include L-carnitine, green tea, caffeine, ephedrine and CLA, (conjugated linoleic acids), and the purpose of their application is to
- stimulate the metabolic activity of the organism
- stimulate fatty-tissue decomposition
- intensify the process of burning fatty- tissue resources.
Which processes in the body are caused by fat burners?
The basic process which has an influence on effective fat burning in our body is thermogenesis, which, more colloquially speaking, is simply called "metabolism acceleration". After each meal, the body temperature rises as energy expenditure increases and the digestive processes begin. Fat burners stimulate thermogenesis, generating additional heat in the body, which leads to an increase in energy expenditure and thus burning more calories. How many more? Depending on the specific preparation, it can be a multitude, or several or a few percent. As you can see, the whole thing is worth giving it a shot!
Fat burners are also responsible for stimulating other processes in the body important for weight loss, such as
- lipolysis – stimulates the process of releasing fatty acids and glycerol from fat cells
- diuresis – can help remove excess the water from the body which can be responsible for figure imperfections
- fat oxidation – stimulates the process of burning fatty acids in muscle cells.
But that's not all! Fat burners, due to the substances and extracts they contain, can help to reduce hunger and stimulate the body, which will allow you to achieve better performance during workouts.
What do fat burners contain?
To be able to buy the right fat burner, it is a good idea to find out what it is declared to contain. The most-commonly used, and at the same time the most-effective components of this type of products, are
- L-carnitine – the most-popular component of fat burners, which is involved in the effective transporting of fatty acids to the mitochondria, where they are oxidised. L-carnitine not only helps to burn fat, but also benefits athletes, so it is recommended for people who are very active
- CLA – Compressed Linoleic Acid, whose function is to block the enzymes responsible for fat penetration into fat cells. It also makes it possible to reduce body weight more effectively
- Green tea – it has been scientifically proven that green tea is very effective in improving BMI, and that it facilitates fat burning during physical activity
- Caffeine – stimulates, and allows you to burn, more body fat, and also increases endurance during workout. Caffeine is a common ingredient in fat burners because it effectively stimulates the process of thermogenesis
- Capsaicin – mainly found in hot peppers, and is responsible for significantly increasing energy expenditure and accelerating the process of fatty-acid oxidation
- Black pepper – contains a substance called piperine, which also stimulates the process of thermogenesis by raising the body temperature, and additionally accelerates digestive processes.
What about health?
There is no risk for people who are fully healthy in using fat burners. However, if you have heart, circulatory or pressure problems, their use is prohibited – for you, any kinds of stimulants can have very-negative consequences, so for the sake of your own health it is better to avoid this group of preparations. Of course, fat burners undergo numerous tests which confirm their quality and safety.
Are fat burners effective?
Contrary to the opinions of those who do not have enough knowledge, yes, fat burners help to reduce body fat faster and increase the efficiency of workouts. Therefore, it is worth finding suitable preparations which have natural and effective ingredients in their composition, bearing in mind that each product has a different effect on different people. It should also be remembered that the use of fat burners will not have an effect without the proper diet and physical activity!