Taking BCAAs and training abs - is that a good combination?
Water – a woman's best friend! / NUTRITION
Water – a woman's best friend!
What should every woman know about water?
Although everyone knows that water plays an extremely important role in the body and health, in practice the need to maintain an optimal hydration level is still underestimated. Making a healthy habit and drinking water regularly is extremely valuable, especially for women working on their dream figure!
A few words about water and daily water demand
It is not an accident that water is considered a natural miracle and a life-giving ingredient. The human body consists of almost 70% water, and it also makes up the internal organs. Being precise and using numbers – water constitutes 75% of the brain, 90% of the lungs, 80% of the skin, 75% of the muscles and 24% of the bones. Water is also a component of various bodily fluids (e.g. blood, saliva, sweat) and is essential for digestion and absorption of various active substances. It is therefore difficult to indicate one particular reason why it is important to be aware of proper hydration of the body. Water is a fuel for everyone, regardless of gender, age, current level of physical activity or diet.
There are many doubts regarding the optimal hydration of the body and daily water demand. The average amount of water (for an adult with an average body type) is about 30 ml of liquid for each kilo of body weight. According to experts, the daily water demand for women should be at least 2 l, although many of them indicate 2.7 l of water. In the case of expectant mothers, the daily amount of liquid to be consumed should be as much as 3 l.
What kind of water should I choose?
It might seem easy – water is just water, it should be cold and satisfy your thirst. However, we must not forget that this precious liquid is a rich source of various minerals! Systematic drinking of water helps to support your daily diet and is a very good way to supplement your daily demand for certain ingredients.
Bottled waters can be divided into 3 main types:
- natural mineral waters – different from water intended for direct and regular consumption in terms of purity class,
- spring waters – intended for regular consumption without age or health restrictions,
- table water – water which is the result of adding natural mineral water, spring water or mineral salts of significant physiological importance (e.g. magnesium, calcium or sodium)
In terms of minerals, there are 4 types of water:
- very low-mineralised water (below 50 mg/1 l)
- low-mineralised water (from 50 to 500 mg/1 l)
- moderately mineralised water (from 500 to 1500 mg/1 l)
- highly mineralised water (over 1500 mg/1 l)
What about tap water?
More and more women and men are choosing to drink tap water, which reduces the production of plastics and protects the environment. According to the “less is more” principle, it is worth remembering that our actions are important for the reality around us. Moreover, drinking ever popular tap water saves money and time. But is it really safe? Yes, if you have a suitable bottle. The Olimp Sport Nutrition brand has recently introduced a glass bottle with a filter, which allows you to clean running water and use it in your everyday life. Thanks to the neat shape and small size of the bottle you can take it with you almost anywhere. It is a great solution for women who want to take care of the environment and their own comfort in a stylish way every day.
How do I drink water properly?
However, a large number of women may have problems with drinking the 2 l of water mentioned above. The size of the bottle may seem frightening, but dietetic and nutrition specialists have some advice for you. The most important thing is not to wait until you feel thirsty. It is much better to continuously supply fluids during the day and regularly drink water in small quantities. When you're at work, at university, on the road or shopping, it's worth having a bottle of water with you, which can easily improve your body hydration.
Why should I drink water? Benefits for women
- It supports weight loss – minimises appetite, reduces hunger and facilitates weight control,
- It facilitates the fight against cellulite and supports body shaping,
- It improves thermoregulation, satisfies thirst and increases the metabolism,
- It improves the condition of your skin – increases its hydration, provides firmness and nutrition, supports the maintenance of healthy skin,
- It intensifies the natural detoxification of the body, e.g. of unnecessary metabolic products and accumulated toxins
How can I drink more water? Learn about 5 simple ways!
Are there any effective methods to improve current hydration levels and increase the amount of liquid consumed during the day? Thanks to several solutions, there is a chance to provide the body with the necessary amount of water without any problems. Learn about 5 simple ways to drink more water!
- Enrich the water with tasty and aromatic flavours so that you will enjoy drinking it. Adding freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice together with herbs (e.g. mint or rosemary) will certainly help and guarantee an interesting taste.
- Add soups and creamy vegetable soups to your diet. Thanks to them, you will be able to deliver and supplement part of the daily amount of liquids without any problems.
- If you like to drink lots of coffee and tea, you must remember their slightly dehydrating properties! That's why we recommend having a glass of water along with every cup of coffee or tea.
- Before bedtime, drink a small amount of water and place a bottle next to the bed. Often, in the middle of the night, we may rouse from sleep feeling an incredible thirst, which is a clear indication that we need to supplement water.
- Drink water as often as you can. This will help you develop a healthy habit that will protect your body from unwanted dehydration – if you need support, you can use an app that will remind you to drink another portion of water.