Iron deficiency in athletes. Is it dangerous?
What should you eat in the autumn? Choose seasonal fruit and vegetables! / NUTRITION
What should you eat in the autumn? Choose seasonal fruit and vegetables!
Instead of opting for frozen or artificially grown plants, it is much better to bet on fresh seasonal vegetables and fruit. Rich in countless active ingredients and many valuable nutrients, they prove to be not only a tasty addition to meals, but also a valuable support for the daily diet. What is worth eating in the autumn? What products should be on the menu at this time of year?
What should you eat in the autumn? Which seasonal vegetables are worth choosing?
Each season offers favourable conditions for the growing of a number of vegetables that are easily accessible and usually can be found at a bargain price. Seasonal promotional offers not only provide great support for the budget but also help to break the routine of the daily diet. What to eat in the autumn and which vegetables should be included in the menu?
- pumpkin - contains a large amount of vitamin A with valuable effects on the skin, hair and eyesight, as well as a large amount of potassium and magnesium. Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of healthy omega fatty acids
- brussels sprouts - are primarily a valuable source of vitamins C and K, which affect, among other things, collagen synthesis and maintaining healthy bone condition and the functioning of the immune system. Brussels sprouts are also a rich source of protein and calcium
- Kale - its main advantage is its rich content of beta-carotene, which is a substance with strong antioxidant properties supporting the fight against free radicals. In addition, the plant contains significant amounts of vitamins A, C, E, K and a number of vitamins from the B group
What should you eat in the autumn? Choose seasonal fruit!
In addition to vegetables, you should not forget the fruit, which contains not only valuable vitamins and minerals, but also carbohydrates, which are a source of additional energy for intensively working muscles. Which seasonal products are worth eating in the autumn?
- apples - autumn is quite clearly associated with abundantly fruiting apple trees. There is a large amount of valuable fibre in apples, which can be helpful during weight loss and weight control. In addition, apples have a high content of silicon, zinc, potassium and vitamins A, C and E.
- pears - incredibly sweet, rich in numerous vitamins, exceptionally light on the stomach! In combination with the large amount of fibre they contain, they turn out to be an extremely friendly product for people with excessive sensitivity of the digestive tract.
- rowanberry - although it is not considered an edible plant, it is worth using it in the kitchen to prepare delicious preserves. All the more so because rowanberries have large amounts of vitamin C and many valuable flavonoids and anthocyanins which can help in the fight against free oxygen radicals.
- wild rosehip - like rowanberry, it is a rich source of vitamin C, which is much higher than in many citrus fruits! In addition, the wild rose has a valuable effect on the fight against colds, immune deficiencies or problems with the digestive system.