B vitamins - who should supplement them?
Exercise and hormones - the influence of physical effort on hormone management / NUTRITION
Exercise and hormones - the influence of physical effort on hormone management
It is hard to deny that strength and endurance exercises are inseparably connected with hormones. More or less intensive workouts cause the glands to start working a little differently. What is worth knowing about the influence of physical effort on hormone management?
Hormones and exercise - the most important information
Although it may seem that exercise is only about muscle mass and body fat levels, it actually has an extremely large impact on hormone management. In the context of hormones, two important systems should be noted:
- endocrine - responsible for the production of hormonal compounds
- nervous - producing neurotransmitters which regulate the activity of glands leading to the production and secretion of hormones.
Regular exercise causes some hormones to be activated. In other cases, their concentration decreases, which may lead to a number of abnormalities. However, it is worth emphasising that maintaining the correct level of hormonal compounds is not only dependent on the level of intensity of the workouts performed. Equally important factors include:
- daily diet
- quality of regeneration
- duration and hygiene of sleep
Find out about the impact of exercise on hormone balance
During exercise, the body tries to adjust the metabolic rate and the efficiency of the entire system, especially the respiratory and circulatory systems. The nervous and endocrine systems, through the secretion of hormones and the production of neurotransmitters, regulate these processes so that the body achieves the necessary optimum in the quality of work at top speed.
How does exercise affect the hormone balance?
- regulates body temperature e.g. activates thermogenesis and increases sweating
- strengthens muscles and maintains their proper tension
- induces a sense of well-being and improves mood
- stimulates metabolism for lipolysis - burning of fat tissue
- increases arterial blood pressure
- reduces appetite and intensifies metabolism
- strengthens the nervous system and fights free radicals
- regulates the daily cycle, e.g. the quality of sleeping and falling asleep
- influences cell growth and division, e.g. resulting in the development of muscle mass
Daily diet, exercise and hormones - what needs to be taken care of in terms of hormone management
Regular training is inextricably linked to increased energy requirements. Exercising people must provide the body with an optimal amount of valuable vitamins and minerals to ensure that exercise has a beneficial effect on hormone management - the risk of deficiency of certain substances may cause a number of irregularities in the production and secretion of hormones.
That is why people who are exercising should pay attention to zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 first - thanks to the ZMA supplement by Olimp Sport Nutrition you can easily and conveniently supplement your daily diet with these substances. The product has been manufactured according to high standards in modern laboratories of the Olimp Laboratories pharmaceutical company, and its use, as a form of enrichment of the nutritional plan, may prove helpful in maintaining appropriate testosterone levels in blood (zinc), regulating hormonal activity (vitamin B6) and protecting cells against oxidative stress (zinc).