Exercise and hormones - the influence of physical effort on hormone management
Healthy eating while travelling - what is important to know? / NUTRITION
Healthy eating while travelling - what is important to know?
There are many opportunities to travel throughout the year. National and international trips often involve giving up a healthy diet, which many people believe is supposed to relieve travellers of extra responsibilities. But is eating healthily while travelling really that problematic?
How to maintain a healthy diet while travelling?
Above all, it is essential to draw up a precise travel plan. There are a few important things to consider - the duration of the trip, the type of transport, the number of possible stops and access to kitchen facilities. There may be a chance to use the kitchen for a simple and well-balanced meal during an overnight stay. However, it is worth remembering not to let yourself slip away. Occasional meals in restaurants offering high-quality fresh produce will not affect the overall quality of a healthy diet. Especially when you are on holiday, you can take a little rest, even from your diet.
The meals prepared should be easy to eat. Above all, you should opt for handy boxes, shakers or jars, which will provide the food with the necessary freshness. In addition, their small size allows you to pack them in a backpack or a handy bag. This is an extremely convenient solution, which allows you to enjoy a healthy diet while travelling.
Taste plays a key role in meals. Virtually every "travel menu" option must taste good cold. Access to a kitchenette or simple appliances is very often limited. In addition, the limited use of a refrigerator requires that meals be prepared with products that retain their freshness for an extended period of time.
Healthy eating while travelling – meal suggestions
The ingredients used to prepare your food for the trip should be readily available. Some snacks and meals can easily be prepared right after shopping. This way, there is always an option to maintain a healthy diet while travelling - if there is a chance to limit the intake of high-calorie products during a trip or a business trip, it is worth taking advantage of it.
Here are some sample meal suggestions for travel enthusiasts:
- Homemade granola with fruit, natural yogurt and Olimp Whey Protein Complex
- Wholemeal bread sandwiches with vegetable paste (chives, cucumber, avocado), ham or smoked tofu for vegans and vegetarians
- Salad with cooked pasta, lentils, rocket, sunflower seeds and olive oil
- Tortilla with lettuce, grilled chicken and a side of cherry tomatoes
- Camembert cheese with mixed nuts and bread
- Olimp Hi Protein Brownie muffins with the addition of the delicious and calorie-free Olimp Zero Sauce
- Handy protein snacks such as bars (e.g. Gladiator High Protein Bar) or crispy wafers (Olimp Protein Snack)